Thursday 29 December 2011

Year in Review Survey

1.What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
I got my arms waxed (purely an experiment!), flew to and stayed at a different city all on my own, and visited Palmerston North for the first time!

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think I kept the resolutions which involved making purchases, but most of them I failed...I'll post my New Year's Resolutions soon!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Greg's (my cousin) partner gave birth to a baby girl this year, naming her Vida (an almost-anagram of my late uncle/his father David)
Fiona (one of our youth group leaders married to On, another youth group leader) gave birth to Abigail

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Sadly Jessica Hosking passed away in France this year. While I wasn't exactly close to her, she was the daughter of my old swimming teacher, and was good friends with my cousins. Her passing away also came as quite a shock as it was completely unexpected.

5. What countries did you visit?

I didn't visit any other countries, but I did go down to Wellington for three days all on my own for a pharmacy internship training course. 
I also travelled by bus to Palmerston North with Hamish for Phillip's (our old neighbour) wedding in November. Passing through all the small towns was quite a good experience.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?

I'm sure I said this last year but I'll say it again - full license! Oh...and maybe being able to travel overseas a bit more, more freedom and maybe...a significant other? haha

7. What date(s) from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Probably the day of the major Christchurch earthquake. I can't exactly remember what the date was, but I remember hearing about the earthquake on the radio while I was at work. My workmates checked the news on the internet and there were photos of buses crushed by falling debris. The effects of the earthquake are still being felt now.
Another one would probably be the Rugby World Cup Opening Ceremony. Participating in the ceremony will be something I'll always remember and treasure. The craziness on the waterfront afterwards was also something I'll probably never see again!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Oh this is quite hard. I think there was a dearth of achievements this year - maybe passing the big Assignment 3?

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not sitting the internship exam in November because I wasn't ready.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I think it was mainly just suffering from colds and my on-going cough. I'm sure I've had more colds this year than any other! Customers are probably to blame!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I'd have to say my Samsung Galaxy S2 has been quite reliable so far, and it feels great being able to install any sized app I want, as well as being able to take good photos and videos! I've been neglecting my iPod Touch recently!
I also helped purchase a new car which is turning out to be a beauty!

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?

A few good friends who have constantly been there for me all year, texting me everyday, helping me get through everything. Thanks for not giving up on me guys!

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
I don't really want to be specific but there was one or two people I really struggled with this year, and I really have been doing my best to get along with and hope I treat them the best I can

14. Where did most of your money go?
While I made a bit more money this year, it meant I had to start paying my mum board!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

The Rugby World Cup Opening Ceremony! I'm so glad I did it! I almost pulled out, as I didn't think I'd be able to get time off work to participate but I'm so glad I did now

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?

Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO 

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

happier or sadder?
I'd like to say happier but I don't really know. It's been a tough year, one that I'd like to forget more than remember.
thinner or fatter?
Definitely fatter! I'm sure I'm carrying around more tyres than before!
richer or poorer?
I guess I'd have to say richer financially but not by much!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Exercise, study, practising music, catching up with friends 

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Going on Facebook and eating junk food!

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

I spent the morning at church, lunch at the cousins, dinner/BBQ with church friends at Western Springs, and the evening with the family and Grace walking along the waterfront!

21. Who deleted question 21?

It wasn't me!

22. Did you fall in love in 2011?

I hope I didn't because it would have been unrequited love!

23. How many one-night stands?

Zero!

24. What was your favourite TV programme?

Hi! My Sweetheart, Amazing Race, and still Grey's Anatomy

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

I don't think so

26. What was the best book you read?

I guess I'll have to say Community Pharmacy by Paul Rutter became my best friend

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

David Guetta! Enough said. 
28. What did you want and get?
A new phone that I was actually happy with!

29. What did you want and not get?
Let's just say the right answer from someone

30. What was your favorite film of this year?

If going by movies I actually watched in the cinemas, then I'd have to say...TANGLED!!

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 22, and celebrated by going to Wendy's with the family and Jireh's family (sounds a lot like my birthday last year!), before going on to Westfield Albany to walk around.

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

See question 29! Oh and also becoming a registered pharmacist so I could move on with my life

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?

Tighter t-shirts, denim shorts and yellow shoes

34. What kept you sane?

A few good friends constantly texting me everyday, especially in the mornings before work

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

ooo tough one. I tried to live in reality a bit more so I don't think I was too fixated on any celebrity figure, but hey if they were hot, then I probably did fancy them! ;)

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

Charter schools. It's quite new but it's something I completely oppose.

37. Who did you miss?

My uncle

38. Who was the best new person you met? (as in someone I've met/gotten to know this year)

They're not exactly new but I've become really good friends with Eva and Rebecca this year. I'm so glad I've gotten heaps closer to them

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
In life there'll always be things you don't like doing, but they become essential. 
Life just keeps going. Get the most out of it, because before you know it, it will be gone
Life hasn't given up on you, so don't give up on life!

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment