Monday 19 December 2011

Putt Putt

My brothers and I finally caught up with our good friends Chen and his cousin Diane. He came over to pick us up, which I think must've been the first time he's driven us in his car! We went to pick Diane up before heading to a new Malaysian restaurant nearby where we had lunch.

The Malaysian restaurant we went to had just opened recently so we got a bit of a discount there. I ordered some sort of noodles that weren't too spicy, while Chen ordered the same thing but requested that it be made extra spicy!


Diane also ordered these deep-fried buns for us as well which tasted really good! 


Once we were all done with lunch, we jumped back in the car and made our way to Treasure Island Adventure Mini Golf which was literally just down the road from the airport. I have to say it is one impressive mini-golf course with waterfalls, rivers and a pirate ship!


There were two courses of 18 holes so we decided to do all 36 holes since we had all day and it was such good weather!



The first course was a lot easier. Most holes were Par 2, which means you should be able to get the ball in the hole in two putts. The rule was that you are only allowed a maximum of six putts if you are having trouble! There were a couple of holes I just couldn't get and ended up giving in!


While the holes were small, what made them trickier were the slopes and obstacles. Some had grave stones in the way, others had a crate. One hole had a gap in the middle with a river running underneath!


There were a couple of interesting holes which had a hole at the top leading to a hole down the bottom, while another had a tunnel with water running through it. You had to putt the ball into the tunnel and it would run down to the bottom near the hole. Another hole was inside a cave!



Aonghas and Chen came first equal in the first game, with Diane and me tied with each other. That meant it was ALL ON in the next game!

The second course was a bit more tricky but more interesting, and in the end Aonghas and Chen tied for first once again, while the competition got tight between Diane and me. In the last few holes she was leading by 7 shots, but as we got to the final hole, I was leading by so much that I couldn't lose to her! I had the chance to overtake Aonghas but I blew it!



Chen somehow got three holes-in-one while Diane got two (although I didn't manage to film hers!) and the rest of us maybe got one! 



Once we putted our last putt, we took a few photos around the area before we left for this strawberry farm to try some natural strawberry ice-cream that Diane highly recommended. It did really taste good!

I even caught up with an old friend from Health Science who was working there. I thought he had left New Zealand! It turns out he made it into medicine in Sydney and is back in New Zealand on holiday! 

It was time to go home as Aonghas had to work in the evening, so we dropped Diane off and picked Rose up from work. 

It was a good catch-up with Diane and Chen, and I'm going to have to finish and actually give Diane the handmade 21st birthday present I still owe her!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment