Sunday 23 May 2010

Jane's 21st

Tonight was Jane's 21st birthday held in a function room above a bar in Mt Eden.

My parents dropped me off and I caught up with some of my high school friends. We've all been in the same class together as Jane since year 9, so we've known her for a long time!

There was some food there for people to make burgers and some drinks, so I made myself a burger!

I also managed to catch up with some old friends I hadn't seen in ages, like Sam who I knew way back from intermediate school. It was great catching up with him again!


For a while I hung out with Micaela, an old friend from Rutherford. We just sat there talking about our hopes and dreams. It was quite interesting! We just stared into space and talked about all sorts of things!


 It was finally time for the speeches. Some of Jane's relatives gave a speech about Jane, which were quite humorous. Ms Edwards, our old English teacher at Rutherford also gave a speech about Jane, as they are quite close with each other I think. They also played a short movie Jane made years ago in high school. It's unbelievable how much people have grown!


After the speeches, I hung out with my Rutherford friends outside on the balcony which had a nice, fancy fireplace to keep us warm. Actually I was quite hot. I had no idea how to dress smart casual, and so I think I wore too much!



My parents soon came to pick me up. It was a pretty good night celebrating Jane's 21st and catching up with all my friends again.

HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY JANE!

No comments:

Post a Comment