Saturday 22 November 2008

Jaws III

Maybe that should be Jaw. Anyway I got called to hospital for an appointment at very short notice (make it two hours notice) so they could take moulds, x-rays and photos of my jaw. They were going to enter all the data into some computer software so they can generate a 3D model of what I may look like after the surgery. They called me in two days later to redo a couple of moulds.

It turns out the new surgery date for me will be the 5th January (for now anyway unless they bump me off again). They're planning on operating on both of my jaws so that they don't have to move them as much as they would if they operated solely on my bottom jaw, and this will hopefully increase stability or something like that. It'll also mean I'll be in hospital for three-four days after surgery.

I haven't really thought much about the surgery but I guess I will the closer I get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment