Tuesday 7 October 2008

Put Off Again!

Today I just found out that my surgery has been postponed yet again! Apparently the theatre was shut down for a day and so a lady who was scheduled to have surgery that day will be taking my place and my surgery will be moved to December or January some time. I guess the silver lining, if you can call it that, is that I'll be able to sit my last chemistry exam without any problems and don't have to apply for any special conditions or anything!

I also rang the supervising pharmacist for my externship today and this guy answered the phone. He sounds pretty laidback and joked about me being the lucky student who gets to spend a day at their pharmacy! I'll be doing that next Wednesday!

We got to make the medicine we came up with for our formulation assignment in the lab today. That meant I got to make my Paediatric PP! :D It didn't look too appealing though. It was a browny colour. Fortunately it wasn't too thick though! We didn't use real pseudoephedrine of course as...well you know...Steven, my partner for the assignment thought he'd give the medicine a go and found it very bitter! Thank goodness we won't be marked on the *actual* taste of our medicine!

I've been starting to do some 'real' study today but I just keep on falling asleep! After half an hour I've only covered a page! I really need to buy some lollies!

No comments:

Post a Comment