Tuesday 28 October 2008

Hitting it Head-On

So let's make up for lost time with a few posts...The Dessert Club Ice-Cream Eating competition was on a couple Mondays back (the 13th to be precise) and to be honest it wasn't as successful as last year's competition, but at least the weather was good and we still got a few people competing! Each competitor had to eat 1L of ice-cream in the fastest time possible, and it was amazing how the winner could manage doing it in about a minute!

There was also this lost property sale going on as well, where the students association sells off handed-in lost property that hasn't been claimed after a certain time period. I wanted to buy two really cheap textbooks but didn't have any money, so I went all the way down to Queen Street to use the Kiwibank ATM only for it to give me a receipt but not my cashflow card back! I didn't know what to do so I stood there thinking for a few minutes when out popped my card! I wasn't too sure what was wrong so I reinserted my cashflow card (yes in hindsight this probably wasn't the brightest thing to do!). This time I actually noticed the message that said

"Sorry this ATM cannot process this transaction at the moment"

so I quickly walked all the way up the road to the nearest Kiwibank ATM only to discover a message on the screen saying it was out of order! Argh Kiwibank!! If only they had a working ATM on campus!

I was back in time for the ice-cream eating competition though. After a while of running the competition we ended up giving away free ice-cream which saw this large group of people sitting nearby who told us they couldn't enter as they needed to get to class soon come over to us!

It was also the day Jetstar made some important announcement, but not that important for me to remember what it was of course... They were doing some promotional thing with a koala mascot around campus and they came over. I asked for a photo with the koala and so while someone had the camera ready in the hand, I ran up to the koala and our heads collided! I probably came worse off!



Fortunately all was well. I was the only one with the sore head but to cap off the day a few of us Dessert Club members went over to some Japanese restaurant for a yummy Japanese feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment