Sunday 7 September 2008

A Week Into Holidays

One week in, I'm still laptopless, addicted to daytime telly and really need to do more study!

I've been a little side-tracked from study by searching for a laptop after I sold my laptop to my brother. I think I've found a good one (OK not great but adequete for the prie. It doesn't have firewire though which is a shame but I suppose I could buy a card. Funny story, I went to Harvey Norman yesterday to ask a few questions, but the salesman had no idea what Firewire was! I then tried asking what about capturing videos, and he started going on about plugging the wire into a USB port or putting the card into the card slot...)

This sounds really weird but for a period I just couldn't bear to go on any laptop website as it would make me feel sick! But I think that was probably because one time while I was looking at laptops and eating at the same time, I didn't feel so well and maybe the two somehow got linked in my brain...Oh Calum what nonsense!

Anyway right now I'm trying to type this blog on Aonghas's EEE PC and by-golly is it hard typing with this teeny-weeny keyboard! He bought the first version of the EEE PC which has a seven inch screen (I think). He bought it for about $600 though and now it's only worth $300!

My mum has been thinking about getting a cellphone for my dad for Father's Day, but passing Hamish's one down to him and getting a slightly flashier one for Hamish. That's when I started thinking about possibly selling my phone to him...hehehe

Anyway I caught up with my neighbour Zippo the other day while delivering newspapers and she said she'd invite me over later that night. She baked muffins that night and screwed them up so I never got invited over.

I also went into uni on Wednesday for a Dessert Club meeting, which I thought was on. It turns out there wasn't any, but I still managed to somehow catch up with two of my pharmacy friends! I'm on the Dessert Club committee, which is I suppose a good place to start making my way up this world. It would be nice being involved in some more meaningful organisation but hey at least I'm helping people get their fix of sweets and dessert (and some would say diabetes)!

On Friday for youth group we went all the way to this Chinese church in Pakuranga to listen to this American guy speak about having a big ambition or something like that. I think it has something to do with some Go 4 Mission Conference thing involving several Chinese churches around the place. Well this Pakuranga church was quite flash! It was smaller than ours but they had nice chairs in their hall, two projection screens on either side of the hall, a band and a lift! This girl Jennifer in my Sunday School was there surprisingly. She goes to that church for youth group every week! What a long way to go! That church is mainly Cantonese based as opposed to ours which has more Mandarin speakers. Their youth groups are quite large though! That would be the best place for me to practise my Cantonese!

No comments:

Post a Comment