Wednesday 27 June 2007

My Day Out with Diane

Yesterday I got a chance to hang out with one of my very bestest friends Diane, which was pretty cool because while I talk to her heaps I hardly get the chance to hang out with her. In fact for the first five years I knew her I had only met her in person twice! (She lives in another area of Auckland). Unfortunately if she gets in, she'll be off to Palmerston North to study at vet school which means I won't get to hang out with her any more than before...OK maybe that's unfortunate. She deserves to get in so it'll be a good thing if she does go!

Anyway, originally we were going to hang out last Friday, the day after her last exam, but the bad weather forced us to settle for Monday. While the weather was slightly better on Monday, Diane slept in! Just as well though, as my mum forced me to have a haircut, so finally Tuesday was going to be the day! It didn't start off too well though. I missed all the early buses and the earliest bus I could catch would get me into the city by 11.25am when I was supposed to meet her at 10am! Along the way the 'Bus Stopping' light got stuck and so there was a slight delay. God just didn't want us to meet!

He couldn't stop us though as I finally got into the city and met up with her outside IMAX. From there we went to buy our tickets to watch Shrek the 3rd before waiting around sharing files with our phones. When it was time to go we went into the theatre to find there was only about ten of us in the theatre!

Shrek the 3rd was a pretty good movie! I thought another sequel wouldn't work with Shrek, but they still managed to do it! Thrown in were some good old positive messages too which made me think! In some previous posts I've compared myself to the ogre, and while I was watching this movie I noticed another similarity...our teeth!! We've both got crossbites! Hopefully surgery will stop me from looking like an ogre!

After the movie we went down to Burger King where I bought some combo.(I have no idea what...I said yes to everything and ended up with a large cup of drink and two burgers???). After paying I nearly forgot to get my food and started walking to Diane's table!

I was trying to eat all my food while she drank her pearl milk tea and just as we had finished, Grace, one of Diane's vet school friends came by with a friend of hers. After catching up a little and all the introductions, we headed off to look for the pool place. Following Diane was a bad decision! Grace told us the place she knew was opposite Sky City, but Diane thought she knew of another place, so we followed her and ended up walking right around the block to find ourselves at the pool place opposite Sky City!

We paid for an hour's worth of pool play. It was the guys vs the girls. I was terrible, banging into the light and knocking and missing things, while the guy I was playing with (I should've remembered his name!!), despite claiming he didn't know how to play pool, carried our team to victory! Grace was like me and had to use that cool extension stick! The final result: Guys 2 - 1 Girls (oh yeah!!!!)

I was amazed at how fast time flew by, and by the time we got out of the pool place it was almost 4pm, and so everyone had to go. Sadddd!!!! Well she's still got a couple more weeks here in Auckland and so I'll probably get a chance to hang out with her at least one more time before she goes. Watch out for the waterworks!


Diane, one of my very bestest friends may be off to Palmerston North if she gets into vet school, and

No comments:

Post a Comment