Wednesday 27 June 2007

Child Abuse!

I'm not the one abusing children, I'm the one being abused by children!

Friday was the second day of looking after the kids. Because the four-year-old had no kindy on Friday, it mean I had to play with him (good clean playing of course!) ALL day! Some time during the day my parents wanted to visit my uncle and aunty's new lunch bar in Avondale, so we strapped the kid into his kiddy seat in the car, all jumped in and drove over there. When we got out my mum asked the boy if he wanted to hold her hand or my hand, and he wanted to hold my hand so I got stuck with the kid (not...so much a bad thing!) However, it was a little dangerous taking him into the kitchen with all the knives, stoves and everything else around the place! He kept spinning around, jumping up and down and running around with me trying to be the buffer between him and danger! My mum asked me to take him outside for a little walk, so we walked around the building before the boy wanted to sit up against a garage door and play with water squirted from his drink bottle.

He then dragged me back inside, and started demanding to go to my parents. My parents hadn't finished talking to my uncle and aunty, so I had to somehow keep this kid at bay. He kept unhooking the lock on the door to the kitchen and trying to open it to get out, so I stuck my foot up against the door at the far end, and pretended that the door was stuck and that we had to wait until our parents were finished so they could 'unstick' the door. The boy started going around pretending he had glue and started gluing the door and then CHOP CHOP CHOPPING the door down!

We got home not too long afterwards and then my mum had to pick up the other kids from school. When they got home they were all over the place! We played a game of Monopoly and we managed to get the eldest girl (the one who hates guys) to join in! I tried having a bit of a conversation with her, so I made a little progress! Later when the girl and her brothers left, we were left with the Eurasian girl, so we played a little basketball with her before letting her use the computer to create a Bebo profile. It's amazing how much these little kids are catching up to us! She tells us kids at her school have cellphones! I think our family got our first cellphone when I was at high school!

Yesterday we didn't look after the kids for as long, as their parents picked them up earlier. While we were hanging out with the Eurasian kid letting her customize her Bebo profile, she asked me if I had a girlfriend and I told her I didn't. She then asked me if I used to out with Zippo, and when I asked her how she knew about that she told me they talked about me and that they think I'm annoying! Ouch! She then later told me I wasn't hot! When I asked if Aonghas was hot she said no as well, but hotter than me...and Hamish was...so-so.. Double ouch! My feelings hurt by an 8-year-old girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment