Sunday 24 November 2013

Indian for Dinner

After church my mum wanted to return to Spotlight AGAIN with some other mothers at church, and so Hamish and I went to the nearby McDonalds with Winston to pass the time away. It was also hot, so we thought it'd be a good idea to get something cool to drink. I have to say the frozen Sprite with a choice of different syrups was actually quite good!

An hour had passed and Spotlight closed, forcing our parents out. That's when we decided to all go out to dinner together. Nadine and Winston had seen a voucher on Groupon for Indian buffet at a restaurant nearby, so they rang to book a table and bought the voucher on the spot.

The rules of the voucher were that it included appetizers which we had to finish, and each of us could choose a main. If we wanted another one, we would have to finish everything before we could get the next one.

We all thought, oh yep that's cool we can do that! Let me tell you though it was a lot more difficult than it seemed!


The appetizers came on platters. Each were for two people, so we got four platters. There were kebabs, sausages and samosas which tasted really good.

We then had to choose which main we wanted to start off with. I originally chose lamb mince balls, but was asked if I could choose something else, so I chose one called the Special Curry. I can't quite remember what was in it, except lamb and chicken.


It was quite good. We got a basket of naan bread, and bowls of rice to add the curry to. While others at their meet first and were left with bowls of sauce, I added my sauce to the rice and ate that first so that I was left with the meat last.

Our mums didn't manage to finish their curry sauce, and so we thought we wouldn't be allowed seconds...even though we did feel quite full by then!


We asked the waiter who had been really nice all night if we could order seconds, and while initially pointing at our mums' curry bowls, told us not to worry and so we ordered two more mains.


We had run out of rice and so we ordered some more, and I had too much rice put on my bowl! I was so full! I managed to finish it all in the end though!


Overall it was a pretty good deal and a good meal, and we really enjoyed the service there! We usually go to Chinese places for dinner, so it was good to try something different. If you're looking for good service and good curry, check out Simply Spice Restaurant!


No comments:

Post a Comment