Thursday 24 October 2013

Feel the Power!


So it looks like I officially own a part of Meridian Energy, but maybe more than I wanted!

I applied for some shares on the website the day before the share offer, and put in the bank account number of my savings account.

It wasn't till the next morning when I contacted the bank just to double check something that I discovered that the savings account I entered wasn't suitable. When I asked them what I should do, they told me to just make another application with a different bank account number and the first application would just get declined. Apparently this was a common issue with the last Mighty River Power share offer.

I did that, but then the following day I discovered the amount of money from both applications had been taken from my bank account!

I soon got an email from the bank saying that usually the savings account I entered in my first share application doesn't usually allow direct debits, but they made an exception for everyone just this once.

Now I've got twice as many shares as I would have liked! Meridian Energy, you better perform well!

No comments:

Post a Comment