Tuesday 23 April 2013

Getting Back into the Groove

I haven't attended dancing with the aunties at church since last year because of various commitments and...sleeping in...but I decided to make an appearance again today after Rebecca said she was going.

I have to admit it was quite a workout! I was sweating by the end of it, not to mention the stitch I got from drinking too much water throughout.

There were quite a few women who turned out today, and surprisingly one guy! He must've been someone's husband. He approached me afterwards, thanking me for not making him the only guy there as he was feeling a little lonely, and said he hoped I'd come again next week! haha

While having morning tea (besides being challenged to eat wasabi covered biscuit by Rebecca), a lady came over to talk to me about getting her daughter to attend our youth group. They just arrived in NZ six months ago, and her daughter's English isn't too good yet, and so she'd like her to come to our youth group to improve her English. It looks like we'll have a new friend this Friday!

Joylynn joined us for morning tea. She didn't do dancing as she had been helping out at the kindy today. I think she's getting some experience to put on her CV.

Everyone started leaving as I played with some of the kids. Soon everyone was gone, except for Rebecca, her brother David and me, just playing some 'Guess the Logo' game on my phone. My mum had went to the hospital with a few other aunties to visit one of their friends. Rebecca's parents had bought them lunch, and kindly invited me to join them! Thanks Liao family!

Eventually my parents came back and we went home. I just crashed on the couch! All that dancing must've taken its toll on me!

Oh, and this is something we created at church today for Joanna's birthday (one of the girls at church)


In case you were wondering, the hearts are not from me. Rebecca designed this! And yes I know, I know....I got the 'J' around the wrong way!

No comments:

Post a Comment