Wednesday 23 November 2011

Waste of a Day Off

So while yesterday was a good day, today was a not so good day.

It started off good though! I woke up early despite going to bed at 3am last night (it must be a habit now!) and contacted a few dentists to find out how much it would cost to get my teeth cleaned. It turns out it would be around the $150 mark. One nearby dentist said they do a free consultation and then give you a quote, so I booked an appointment for 6.15pm later tonight.

I then thought I better go return my library books since they're due today so I can avoid getting another massive fine. I'm pretty sure I've paid over $50 worth of library book fines in the past year! I decided to drive to the library just so I could practise my driving skills, as you do.


I parked the car in the West City carpark, locked the car and was about to walk off. That's when I realised I was missing something...the car keys were still in the ignition!! Unfortunately I locked the car good so there was no way in!

I called Aonghas to see if there was a spare key at home, but my mum had gone out and had taken the set of keys with the spare! I tried calling my mum but she wasn't picking up her phone. Aonghas decided to ride his bike down to the place he thought she'd be, but her car wasn't there.

While I was waiting for him, I was standing on the path at a distance away from the car just so nobody thought I was leaving and also...so nobody could associate me with my poor parking skills!

He then rode over to meet me in the car park. We decided the only thing we could really do was to wait till our mum came home, so Aonghas got an extended parking permit from Customer Services inside the mall just so our car didn't get towed away (I only parked in a 90 minute spot!)


We just went back home, hoping no one would notice the key in the ignition and steal our car!

I had to walk down to the dentist later on in the day to get my teeth checked. After five minutes, the dentist told me I'd need a clean and TWO FILLINGS! I asked how much and he said $150 for the clean and $180 for each filling = over $500!!! Boy are dentists expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment