Saturday 26 November 2011

Camp Preview

This afternoon I was invited to go over to Willow Park Christian Camp to check out the facilities just to get an idea of what we will be working with when our church has its camp there in a few weeks' time. I'm helping out with organising the camp concert along with Jenny and Gabrielle.

I was waiting for Derek, one of the camp co-ordinators, to pick me up from the city, when Jenny walked by with her boyfriend! She originally texted me telling me she couldn't make it! She asked me if I was meant to be going to visit the camp site, and when I told her I was waiting to be picked up, she decided to make a run for it!

Derek eventually picked me up and saved me from the crazy homeless guy lying on a nearby bench.

By the time we got to the camp site all the way in East Auckland, the weather was perfect! The camp site is situated beside a beach and so it was picture perfect. Walking around the site brought back memories of last year's camp (we had it at the same place).


We checked out the hall, the dining hall and the rooms before making a few arrangements. We all then decided to go out to have dinner before parting ways. 

We had some food at this small Cantonese restaurant in Howick. I have to say it was a good experience. I usually eat the mainstream Chinese food, not the Chinese Chinese food!


Derek showed me 'Cantonese French Toast'! Basically it's two pieces of bread with peanut butter in the middle and butter on top all deep-fried. Oh, and don't forget to pour golden syrup on top of it!



After dinner, we said bye-bye to Derek and I went off with Tim and Gabrielle. We decided to stop by the Pakuranga Night Market.


It was the first time I had checked it out and I have to say I enjoyed the atmosphere! It felt like the Lantern Festival but in a carpark!


There were heaps of people, heaps of stalls selling food, gifts, clothes, plants and other stuff. I'll have to persuade my family to check it out next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment