Saturday 26 November 2011

Making it Count




Today is Election Day, the day we can exercise our right to vote and decide on who will be in parliament for the next three years! It really seems a little pointless as National is most likely to romp back in to power.
After teaching music classes today I went with my mum and Aonghas to cast our votes. There was a polling booth at the school I teach, and that's where Hamish was working as an 'Issuing Officer', handing out voting forms to people.


Hamish didn't serve me but he served my mum. There were quite a few of them there! Aonghas and I voted in neighbouring booths, and even when I got to the booth I still hadn't decided which party I'd give my party vote to!


I ended up making a decision, but I won't declare how I voted here! As for whether I wanted to keep MMP or not, I voted to keep it. I really didn't have a chance to read up on the alternatives!



I really do want Labour to win, but I doubt they will (oops did I just reveal my political leanings?)

No comments:

Post a Comment