Sunday 4 September 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers and others out there!

This morning was a special Father's Day service at our church. Only the city church joined us since our church is about to undergo renovations.

Our youth group was going to perform our Father's Day skit at the service too - the one we only started preparing for a couple days ago!

I had to worry about getting through children's worship first though! I led the kids in singing a few songs about obeying your parents (aaahhh Father's Day theme huh? huh?) The only thing was I didn't realise some of the kids were from the city church who have never done some of the songs before. When I led one song, the kids just stood there staring at me as I sang and danced. I had to stop the song mid-way through and teach the kids the actions! Even after that they didn't really get into it! I just thought ooh well and moved on!

After that was all done, I returned to the main service where I listened for a while. I couldn't really focus as I was quite nervous about how this Father's Day skit would turn out. I was just waiting for the time to head off to prepare!

We all went into the library and I gave people clothes I found around home to use as costumes. The guys who were acting as fathers put talcum powder in their hair to grey it up and boy did we all look older!


Waiting backstage 

It was finally time to go on stage!

Aonghas started playing the intro to our background music, the piano instrumental to A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton. The first scene with Tim and his 'wife' Stephanie giving birth started a little late as they missed their cue, but once they were out, we got going!

It went quite well with a few laughs thrown in - definitely good for 1-2 days' worth of rehearsals! All that worrying and stressing finally paid off; I'm glad I didn't cancel it in the end! I should really thank Jireh and Eva for helping me see it through to the end!

After the service we caught up with a few of the people from the Living Water Fellowship (from the city church). I feel ashamed as I couldn't quite remember some of their names, but they remembered ours! I did manage to figure out one of the girls' names -TIANA! I needed a bit of help from Andrew but I got there eventually.

Aonghas and I couldn't stay long though as we had to go off to another one of our 'music' rehearsals!

No comments:

Post a Comment