Monday 5 September 2011

Doing it for the Kids?

Today after work I made a stupid mistake...or a good deed depending on how you look at it.

I was walking towards the Central Public Library when this guy in a blue UNICEF jacket approached me and I stopped to say 'hi', which is pretty much an invitation for him to tell me all about his organisation and get me to donate money towards their cause...and that's exactly what they did.

Feeling a little bad and no longer able to use the excuse that I'm a poor uni student with no income coming in (why didn't I just lie? Why? WHY?), I ended up agreeing to sponsor for a month or two and see how it goes. My job ends in a month or two anyway, and I'll soon be the one needing sponsoring!

Anyway I guess I can feel a little better, knowing that I'm donating $20 towards (hopefully) a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment