Sunday 6 March 2011

A Viola Get-Together

Straight after church today Hamish and I attended this viola get-together held at the Auckland Philharmonic Orchestra building. It was basically a group of viola players playing some music together.

I was initially weary about the whole thing as I didn't think I'd know anyone there besides my violin/viola teacher, and they'd all be a whole lot older and much better than us!

It turns out that they were quite friendly and there were a few younger people there as well! We played quite a few pieces, although I do admit I dozed off slightly while I was playing! (I must've been a little tired!)

Anyway after several hours of playing music, we ended with a mini performance to whoever showed up, which were mainly parents/family members of the viola players!

No comments:

Post a Comment