Tuesday 15 June 2010

Musical Wonder

Today during my spare time I went to check out the Big Sing at the Town Hall. I didn't have class yesterday and because of the bad weather I wasn't able to go see my old school Rutherford College performing, but because I was going into the city today to talk to a university counsellor about Compassionate Consideration for my exams, I thought I'd drop by to have a listen to a few of the high school choirs performing.

I have to say it was awesome being able to watch and listen to the choirs perform. It made me forget about pharmacy for a short while, and regain my passion for music momentarily (my passion for music is always there but I have to suppress it most of the time to focus on other things like..pharmacy!).

One of the standout performances for me as by Dilworth Boys Choir who performed 'It Ain't Mean a Thing (If it Ain't Got that Swing)' which was a jazzy piece. There was a part of the performance when they were singing a capella which was brilliant!

I can't wait for KBB Music Festival now to watch the high school orchestras! They are always inspirational!

No comments:

Post a Comment