Saturday 12 June 2010

Farewelling Exams and my Uncle

I had my final exam this morning - PHARMACY407, which would be my hardest. I didn't think I'd have any chance of passing at all! I came to the exam wearing a shirt and black pants and people were asking me if I was going to a job interview afterwards, to which I told them I had a funeral to attend.

The exam went...so-so...I guess I'll find out when results come out. As soon as the exam was over though, I went to the gate to wait for my brother and mum to come pick me up. My uncle's funeral was to start in an hour and so we only had an hour to get back to Henderson to make it. Aonghas was also playing a video at the funeral too (as well as filming the funeral itself!) so he had to get there as soon as possible!

Aonghas's phone GPS wasn't working though and my mum and Aonghas got lost on the way! When they finally arrived they were quite stressed! We only had about half an hour to make it back to the funeral!

We arrived there slightly late, but fortunately we hadn't missed much. The church hall wasn't that large, so it was quite full with people even gathering outside around the door! We managed to sneak in. My dad and Hamish were up in the front with the rest of the family.

There were some really touching speeches given from my cousins as well as some of his close friends after the floor was open, all of them describing just what a great guy and how sociable and helpful he was. It was understandably quite emotional for my cousins.


The coffin was carried off as the service wound up. He was carried into the hearse and we all stood outside to watch him being taken away. His family and my dad and other aunty went with them to the cemetery to watch him being cremated while the rest of us remained at church to have some food.


I'm sure it's a hard time for my cousins but hopefully they know the rest of us will be there for them, and we won't ever forget Uncle David. He's definitely been a big part of all of our lives. He's been one of my biggest supporters and sources of encouragement, and has always been interested in what I've been up to in my life, especially my music.

He may be gone, but the memories of him will live on forever.

RIP Uncle David.

No comments:

Post a Comment