Tuesday 16 February 2010

Second Time Just as Good

Last night my family and I went to watch Avatar at IMAX. While it was the second time for me, it was the first time for the rest of my family, and the first time my dad had seen a movie since Ghandi in the 80's! 

The movie was on at 8.50pm and we thought we had left home with plenty of time to spare, but when we got to the cinemas, there was only four minutes till the movie started, and the queue by the counter was huge! We were wondering whether it'd be worth it, but after paying $8 for parking it was a bit too late to pull out now!

We got our tickets and literally ran up to IMAX, only to find out we hadn't missed any of the movie, except for a few movie trailers. Our seats were slightly to the right but it wasn't too bad. 
 

What was slightly annoying though were the people sitting behind us! I couldn't make out what language they were speaking but two of the children who were sitting directly behind my mum kept talking to each other, leading to my mum and I turning around and looking at them several times during the movie!

I could also feel my seat moving a few times, probably because the guy (who was part of the same group as the children I'm guessing) had his foot against my chair!

Fortunately it sort of died down later in the movie, or maybe the sound just drowned out their voice! 

I also had to keep a constant eye on my dad to make sure he didn't fall asleep! He did pretty well though, which is surprising seeing as he always falls asleep in the middle of anything! Violence also isn't really his thing so I wasn't too sure if he'd be interested, but he seemed to follow the movie!
 
At least now we can say the last movie he saw was Avatar!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment