Wednesday 25 February 2009

A Quick Conversion?

I was spending what was practically one of my last free days of the holidays trying to figure out which nationalities I really were (yes I was bored) when we got a knock on the door. I went to answer and it turned out to be a Korean man and woman. I first thought maybe they were my friends that I just didn't...recognise. That was till they asked me if they could do a presentation for me that would only take 5-10 minutes, and then proceeded to get their Bible out!

I thought I'd be nice and listen, so I said OK and let them go on. They flipped over to Revelations, told me that to get to Heaven you need the Holy Spirit, the mother bride and some water (or something like that), and then showed me some related Bible passages. She then told me that to get into Heaven you needed to celebrate Passover by eating the bread and drinking the wine, BUT FIRST... you needed to get baptised.

"Why wait to get baptised when you can get baptised now?" She asked me. I thought it was just a general question, so I sorta umm'd and arrrhhh'd, saying that was true. I didn't realise she was actually wanting an answer from me! I then told her it was my mum.

The lady then said she could baptise me right there right now, on my doorstep! All she needed was some water from the tap! Or..they had a car and they could take me on a 5-10 minute drive back to their church to baptise me! I tried telling them that I go to this Chinese church and that my mum would prefer that I get baptised there. They tried telling me that only their church believed in the mother bride!! I apologised and said I'd have to think about it. That was the end of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment