Friday 6 April 2012

A Good Friday to Garden

Today was the first day of my five-day Easter weekend! As usual it started with the usual Good Friday service.

In the morning I was preparing a worship video I had recorded of Jireh on Skype for Oddfellows later in the day, but it hadn't finished rendering by the time I had to leave for church! Aonghas was also working on a wedding video for someone and wouldn't be able to attend at all! He didn't sleep at all last night and was on a tight deadline so he was going to have to drive to the airport to deliver the DVD to the people, with my mum in the passenger seat of course!

I ended up bringing my laptop to church and just sat outside waiting for the video to finish rendering while Hamish went in. The service itself wasn't too long. There was a performance by the church choir and an animated short film of Jesus's death was played.


Once the service ended, there were hot cross buns for everyone and fizzy drinks. All of us Oddfellows sat around waiting for our lunch before we'd leave for Tommy and Harris's house, as we would be helping them out with the gardening.

I was originally going to burn the worship video onto a DVD but then realised I didn't have any DVD burning software! I'd just have to put it on my USB stick and hope they had a laptop!


We had KFC and pizza (Pizza Hut or Domino's can't remember!) for lunch, with each of us getting a bit of chicken! I got the last one because no one wanted it, and so I had to eat that really fast as everyone began to leave for Tommy and Harris's house!


Their garden didn't look too bad, but there were some weeds here and there, and a few overgrown trees. Tim got on the blower thingy, Karvin had the lawnmower, Uncle John the chainsaw and the other saw, the girls were picking weeds and Andrew and I were given the clippers to chop off some branches.

 


Unfortunately Uncle John got cut in the hands and Tim had to take him to the A&E, but luckily he only required some stitches.

There was also some screeching and shouting by girls as they were confronted by little insects, but eventually we got the garden done!


We all headed inside to kick off the youth group programme for the day. We had to leave early as we were going to the Easter Show with Winston and his family, so I left them with Jireh's worship video, which they played on a laptop. Hopefully it all went well!



No comments:

Post a Comment