Monday 2 April 2012

Farewell Phillip!

We were caught out a little last week when we were told by Phillip that he would be moving to Perth to live tomorrow! He was only going to be up in Auckland for a couple of days before then, so there was not much time to catch up with him one more time before he left. Because Aonghas would be working in the night, and I would be working during the day, the only time we could all meet up together was for breakfast this morning.

We picked him up early in the morning. We drove our new car, and so when we stopped beside him on the side of the road, he just stood there looking for us as he didn't recognise our car!

We got stuck in a long traffic jam along Lincoln Road, but somehow managed to make it onto the motorway in about ten minutes!


When we got to the city we walked down Queen Street looking for somewhere to have breakfast, but most places seemed to be closed at 7am in the morning except for the fast food joints! We eventually settled for Burger King.


I had this omelette burger combo that came with hash brown bites and a coffee which seemed to fill me up and made me quite wide awake for the morning at work which is a first!


I soon had to go to work, so I had to farewell Phillip with a few hugs and photos. :(


Fortunately work wasn't too bad and my preceptor made us cupcakes, and I was told I get Tuesday off work next week which means FIVE day weekend! Woohoo!


Take care Phillip, you've now given me a reason to visit Perth! Hopefully we'll continue to stay in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment