Thursday 20 October 2011

A Difficult Decision

At the beginning of the week my preceptor asked me again if I thought I'd be ready to sit my pharmacist registration exam on the 1st November, which is coming up in a little over a week. I don't think she reckons I'm ready, and that's why she asked me again.

She said I pretty much had two options:
- Sit the exam in a couple weeks, and if I fail then I'd have to continue my internship for another five months and pay ~$2000 to do so
- Don't sit the exam, and just work for another five months and sit the exam in May when I feel more ready, and pay only about $200 to do so.

Originally I had my mind set on finishing my internship by the end of the year and starting something new in 2012, and so having to work for another five months would throw me off my plans. After I talked to my parents and my preceptor though, I started to think that maybe another five months wouldn't be the end of the world. I would still be getting paid I suppose. I think my preceptor and parents want me to do another five months though, so maybe I might once again listen to my parents.

After going to the intern exam revison evening though my friends were telling me that I've spent ten months working as an intern and so I shouldn't waste this opportunity and I should just sit the exam. To be honest though, having to think about this dilemma has thrown me off my study and I don't think I'd be ready to sit the exam anymore.

Therefore I guess I'll be an intern for another five months...

No comments:

Post a Comment