Sunday 16 October 2011

Baking for a Good Cause

Today was our church's bake sale organised and run by our youth group. Yesterday Oddfellows were divided in three groups, each meeting at a different house to bake some food to sell today.

This morning we had English service and I was a back-up singer to On who was leading worship, while Cleo was on keyboard. The only problem was that the keyboard wasn't working! We ended up having to sing without music. The upside though was that we could hear everyone singing!

I also had to do the Bible reading as well. Talk about full-on Sunday!

Sunday School only lasted for 15 minutes since we had to leave early to prepare for the bake sale.


The bake sale was held outside the front entrance of our church since it was a sunny day today. We had rainbow cupcakes, caramel slices, ULTIMATE brownies, noodles, lollies, coffee and other food. 



As soon as adult Sunday School finished, there was a stream of people coming out to buy food! Many of them gave us more money than we were asking for the food, telling us to keep the change! This is probably because it was all going to a good cause - our church building!


I didn't bring any money, so luckily my mum bought me some food. I tried the cookies and a curry puff, and I have to say they tasted really good! I wanted to try a rainbow cupcake, since the last time we tried baking rainbow cupcake at youth group was a fail, but they all sold out! I managed to save two caramel slices for Rebecca and me to have our next challenge! I had to put it on my 'tab' of course.




 Eventually when our food started running out and it started to die down, we dropped our prices, kept pushing and eventually got rid of most of the food to raise a grand total of ~$1090!


Well done Oddfellows!




To finish off the day, I had my challenge with Rebecca - to see who could eat a caramel slice the fastest. I was even generous enough to give her a ten second head-start! The result was inconclusive though with the challenge sorta ending in...a tie...


No comments:

Post a Comment