Thursday 28 March 2013

Preparing for the Big One

That big weekend for Christians is coming up...Easter! It'll be extra special for us Anderson brothers, as we will finally be getting baptised! It certainly has been a long time coming!

It'll start off tomorrow morning with a Good Friday service. Our choir will be performing this pretty long song, called No Greater Love. It's over 50 pages long, and we're singing the abridged version! I think it describes Jesus's life and death? It's all in Chinese so I'm not quite too sure! I should probably study its meaning before we perform it tomorrow!

I joined the choir a few weeks ago, and have to admit I've only been able to attend a few rehearsals prior to tonight because of other events popping up, so I've had to get help writing down the pinyin under the characters to help me sing them. Thanks Jenny's dad and Rebeca's dad! (As you can tell, I sit at the back with the dads) I'm fine with singing in tune, it's just being able to pronounce the Chinese properly!

Tonight we had our final rehearsal. I think we only managed to go through the whole song once in the time we rehearsed! It sounds really good though, so hopefully all goes well tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment