Thursday 6 December 2012

Wild West Auckland Weather!

Who knew things would get so crazy out in our neck of the woods today! When the skies looked dark this morning, I had a feeling the weather wouldn't be too good, but when I heard a huge bang which sounded like a cannon go off follow almost immediately after the flash of lightning, I knew something wasn't right!

Reports are now coming in that things are quite messy over in Hobsonville/Greenhithe, with a few deaths and injuries. Roofs have come off or caved in, trees have been uprooted..it's all sounding a little scary! Apparently the roof of the West Wave Swimming Centre's men's toilet has caved in, and people on talkback radio are reporting that roofs of other buildings, like Repco down Central Park Drive (which is down the same road as my church!) has come off!

The scariest thing is my mum and our friend's mum went to Albany for a clothes sale this morning. My mum isn't too familiar with driving to that area, and I had to give her directions. I've tried contacting her but she left her cellphone at home! I hope she's OK! I don't know how she's going to get home right now in this weather..

No comments:

Post a Comment