Thursday 31 May 2012

It's all Western!

Tonight was Rangeview Intermediate School's (my old intermediate school!) Music Evening, with the theme being Western music. Glenna, one of the girls I teach violin to at church attends the school and is in the orchestra. She was really keen on me coming, so it was lucky I sat my exam and returned to Auckland just in time for it!

When I got home from work I got a surprise when my neighbour's mum rang me, asking if I was going and if I'd like a ride there! One of the boys she looks after attends the school and she was taking him there. Apparently he told her that I was going! Glenna must've told him!

Anyway we got there about half an hour early, and the hall was already full! The girl's family (her dad is also our youth group leader and youth pastor at our church!) were all there too!

They forgot to bring their camera, and I couldn't find our camera, so I had to rely on my phone camera which wasn't the best in low light!

The music evening was pretty good, and brought back memories of when I used to be at the school!

There were quite a few performances, with the choir singing, recorder, guitar and keyboard ensembles performing, and of course the orchestra performing.


The head boy and head girl were the MC's of the evening, and were dressed in cowboy/girl costumes, and they came complete with the whole Western accent!


The head boy also turned out to be quite a musician, playing a couple solos and duets on the trumpet!


After the show, I went back to the music room to visit Miss Rai, my old music teacher at Rangeview Intermediate. Fortunately she still remembers me! She still has the newspaper articles and photos of me up on the wall!

I was really proud of Glenna tonight and I'm keen to see her and her brother perform more often! They're going to be great musicians!


No comments:

Post a Comment