Saturday 24 November 2012

Group Run!

After music teaching today, Winston and his mum were going to have lunch at McDonald's, and asked if we would like to come along.

I don't know how many times I've had fast food this week now! I really should ban myself from fast food for a while.

I was telling Grace about how Aonghas and I went for a run the day before, and we came up with an idea to go for a run later tonight. I volunteered my brothers, despite them not being home (but they need the exercise anyway!). I then asked around to see if anyone else would be keen.

Eventually, we got a group together and all met up outside Trusts Stadium later that evening! A few of the guys had just had dinner, so they were going to take it easy.

We decided to jog along the track which runs alongside the river, goes up to the motorway, up to Central Park Drive and then back to Trusts Stadium.


Aonghas and I used this app, Endomondo to track our run and compare it to the day before. Surprisingly, tonight's run felt a lot easier! Admittedly, we all took a little break at the halfway mark, but by the end of the run I still had a little bit left in the tank to crank up the speed!


The run was a lot shorter than we had anticipated, as we finished in about 20ish minutes, so we got Wei to teach us some tai chi! That is some hard work!


It was starting to get dark, so we decided to cross the road to church for a drink. Some of our mums were there for a group meeting anyway.

We ended up sitting around talking before they had to close the church!

We might end up making this a more regular thing. Round the Bays, here we come!


No comments:

Post a Comment