It was the first time I had
- gotten a photo taken in one of those Asian photo sticker booths
- gone inside a bar
- attended uni
- celebrated my birthday (in years!)
- tried one of those DDR dancing games
- tried pearl milk tea
- met my cousins from Christchurch
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept a few but not too many! I'll make some more for next year and will try do better!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Don't think so (although please forgive me if I've forgotten you!) although I know a couple who are pregnant, such as my accordion teacher's wife
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Fortunately no..I don't think
5. What countries did you visit?
None besides New Zealand
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Probably the day that Korean guy went on a shooting rampage at that American university, the only thing is I can't remember the date of the day that happened, so I guess it won't remain etched upon my memory!
Maybe then ...(thinking off the top of my head...) 7th January - the twins left for Korea forever. The first date of this year I could recall from my limited memory!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not a lot to choose from...
9. What was your biggest failure?
My uni results, I guess I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but will be looking to make amends next year!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got food poisoning I think on one Sunday and spent the day vomiting and suffering from diarrhoea
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably my laptop or the video camera. Not so much my phone though as it seems to be buggy! Next time it'll be a Nokia!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Chen for starting to open up to me. About time, seeing as we've known each other for about ten years now! haha
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Hmmm....I won't name the person...I probably don't have to! Although I wouldn't say it's too bad
14. Where did most of your money go?
My laptop and the video camera!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Diane getting into vet school, Alice getting into law school is all I can think of so far!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
How to Save a Life by The Fray, or Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol I suppose, that's if you go by songs played in 2007 (they don't really have much relevance to 2007 though!). I can't really think of one!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder?
I'll say neutral. Some things made me happier while others made me sadder, and it all balances out!
18. Thinner or fatter?
I'm probably about the same, but I think I've lost weight since last year. Must be because we have less food in the house these days!
19. Richer or poorer?
Definitely poorer!!! Student allowance has been my lifeline!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Studying, hanging out with friends as well as making more friends
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Studying inefficiently, wasting time at uni, spending money on food at the Munchie Mart and that place I buy fries from, jumping on the internet as soon as I got home every day, reading the newspaper at the library and falling asleep while studying in the library!
20. How will you be spending christmas?
It already passed but I ended up performing at the church's Christmas service and then going over to the neighbours for dinner
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Probably not quite fall in love! I did like someone this year though
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
24, Lost, Scrubs, Eating Media Lunch, Power of One,
24. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn't dislike this time last year?
Nah not really, but I probably understand someone less now than this time last year though, sadly
25. What was the best book you read?
I don't think I've read any books beside textbooks this year, so I'll have to say the best one out of those was Psychology - New Zealand Edition. Very very sad!
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Charconne from The Fairy Queen by Purcell...that sorta discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
A cellphone! But I had to buy that myself though!
28. What did you want and not get?
Nothing material, but I guess I could say a cellphone that worked properly!
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
I only saw three - Fantastic 4, Shrek 3 and The Golden Compass and I have to say Shrek 3 probably wasn't my favourite!
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 18 this year and did nothing on my birthday, but Melissa and Kat dropped off a small birthday present for me (top-up yay!!) which was cool and my mum filled the house with smoke after her soup evaporated while left unattended. A couple days later though Gwen and Chen had organised a surprise birthday outing for me together with Alex, Zahir, Angie and Aonghas which was really cool and something I won't forget! We hung out at Gwen's house before going to the city to watch Night at the Museum.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having gotten better grades and possibly one other thing I won't mention...
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Long-sleeved and baggy shorts - my 2005 wardrobe lives on!
33. What kept you sane?
Knowing I could text and talk to my friends whenever I was in need of company or support! Thanks guys!
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Don't think I had one but I can say the celebrity furtherest from being fancied by me would have to be Paris Hilton. - we definitely reached peak Paris this year!
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Possibly either the anti-smacking bill or the terrorist raids (if that can be considered as a political issue)
36. Who did you miss?
Probably Hyun and Joon and the others left back at Rutherford this year
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007?
One mistake can screw you over big time so you better be at the top of your game at all times!
39. Sum up your year in a sentence:
A bit of a waste of a year, going in no direction with very little progress made!!!